I have been left a property, what should I do?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

One of the first things to do in this situation, if you have been left a property in a will, is to notify the Council Tax section of the council on 0845 054 8600. Depending on the state of the property, they will be able to advise you on what to do. Please also see this leaflet by the Valuation Office, which provides further help.

Published: 21 May 2013 - 2:02pm

Where you see this symbol FAQ you can submit a question and we will add the answer to our pool of Frequently Asked Questions for the benefit of other users. Whilst using the website if you come across a term or word you do not understand, then you can submit it to our glossary and we will provide an explanation, which again will help other users. We try to use plain language where possible and your feedback will help. Thank you.