How do I report a pothole or other highways issue?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

To report a pothole or other problem with a road or pavement, please contact Cumbria County Council.

You can email them at  or to report a fault by phone, call the Highways Hotline on 0845 609 6609 (answer phone service evenings, weekends and public holidays). 

For broken street lights and other related problems, you can also use Fix my street. They co-ordinate all issues reported and feed them through to the relevant authority to deal with.


Published: 9 October 2012 - 2:52pm

Where you see this symbol FAQ you can submit a question and we will add the answer to our pool of Frequently Asked Questions for the benefit of other users. Whilst using the website if you come across a term or word you do not understand, then you can submit it to our glossary and we will provide an explanation, which again will help other users. We try to use plain language where possible and your feedback will help. Thank you.