Most people pay their non domestic/ business rates for the year by ten monthly instalments from April to January. You will find these instalments shown on your bill. However if you prefer you can opt to pay the full amount at the start of the year, or by two instalments (April and October).
Business rates are due on the first day of every month from April to January.
Direct debit is the most cost effective method of payment for us to administer therefore we offer a choice of payment dates for those paying by this way. The payment dates are the 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd of the month.
Direct debit has the following advantages:
- You don't have to remember to make a payment, write a cheque or visit the business rates office - the payment will automatically be made for you.
- You will be notified of the monthly instalment at least 14 days before the first payment is due
- You will receive a bill but this will be for information only.
- Apart from checking your bank statement you don't have anything else to do.
By becoming a direct debit payer you keep the cost of collection low and thus allow more of your money to be used to provide services.
To set up a direct debit either complete the online form or, telephone us on 0845 054 8600, with your account details. Please quote your Non Domestic Rates (NDR) account reference number.
You can also pay your business rates (and other council bills) online, which has the following advantages:
- You can make regular or one-off payments online, from work, the home or anywhere with Internet access.
- You can make payments online, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Go to the online payment page
Call the council’s automated telephone payments line on 0845 054 8600. Please listen carefully to the instructions and have your bank details and business rates account reference number to hand.
Other methods of paying your business rates:
- By post – please make your cheque payable to Copeland Borough Council and write your account reference number on the back.
- Credit and debit card by telephoning 0845 054 8600.
- At any post office or PayPoint using the barcode on your bill as your reference.