A Street Collection Permit is required where a charity promotes a collection for a charitable purpose on the street. The following notes should be taken into account when applying for a permit:
- The permit lasts for period of collection specified.
- It is an offence to promote the collection without first obtaining a Permit from the Council.
- Only one Saturday per year can be allocated to each charity.
- The application form should be completed and forwarded to the Legal Section.
- The return form must be submitted to the Council no later than one month after the collection date.
Published: 25 October 2012 - 3:16pm